Thursday, September 15, 2016

Vocab #3

coherent: piece of writing, set of ideas etc is coherent, it is easy to understand because it is clear and reasonable; My notes are coherent, it's going to be easy to pass my test. 

belabor: to keep emphasizing a fact or idea in a way that is annoying; Its a belabor that the tv won't turn on. 

eschew:to deliberately avoid doing or using something; Eschew the stove , it's not gonna turn on.

acquisitive: wanting to have and keep a lot of possessions; Acquisitive is another word for hoarder.

emulate:to do something or behave in the same way as someone else, especially because you admire them; I emulate my older sister.
 
banal: not interesting, because of a lack of new or different ideas; my mind is banal
congeal: if a liquid such as blood congeals, it becomes thick or solid; blood congeals when it's turning into a scab

carping:difficult to please; critical; 
substantiate: provide evidence to support or prove the truth of; my sister is carping
temporize: avoid making a decision or committing oneself in order to gain time; I temporized when I did my homework
largesse: generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others; Largesse happens during Christmas
tenable:able to be maintained or defended against attack or objection; I tenable myself

insatiable: impossible to satisfy; my sister is insatiable 

reconnaissance: military observation of a region to locate an enemy or ascertain strategic features; 

germane:relevant to a subject under consideration; I germane my life at times 

ramify:form branches or offshoots; spread or branch out; the tree ramified

intransigent:unwilling or refusing to change one's views or to agree about something; I am intransigent when it comes to being unfair
 
taciturn: reserved or uncommunicative in speech; saying little; when I'm mad I'm taciturn

No comments:

Post a Comment